Countries: Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan
Research Design: TAPI
The Central Asia Barometer Survey Wave 11 took place in May - June in Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan.
Field Dates (mm.dd.yyy):
- Kazakhstan: 06/03/2022 - 06/29/2022
- Kyrgyzstan: 06/02/2022 - 06/18/2022
- Tajikistan: 06/07/2022 – 06/22/2022
- Uzbekistan: 05/31/2022 - 06/26/2022
- Turkmenistan: 05/31/2022 - 06/21/2022
- 1509 in Kazakhstan
- 1500 in Turkmenistan
- 1510 in Kyrgyzstan
- 1504 in Uzbekistan
- 1502 in Tajikistan
IMPORTANT! This survey includes data on the public opinion of Central Asians regarding the war in Ukraine
The survey includes the following topics
- General questions including classical public opinion polls questions like right/wrong direction, top problem, religious identity and practices, Soviet past,
- Domestic politics including electoral preferences, political situation, approval of the job performances of the government officials, security, trust for politicians, trust for the government, attitudes to recent developments within the country as constitutional changes, switch to Latin script;
- International politics includes attitudes to foreign countries, leaders and organizations, attitudes to Chinese projects in the respective countries, migration preferences to living/work/study, terrorism, language studies,
- Economy includes economic expectations on the family/country level, assessment of the economic situation compared to the last year on the family/country level, access to food, medical care, housing, electricity, education, inflation, attitudes towards Eurasian Economic Union, employment, corruption,
- Environmental issues and climate change govt. attention to the environment, ecological situation in the country, climate change – issue or not, environmental problems in the country, top environmental problem,
- Media including media consumption state media, Russian media, Internet, social media, messengers, newspapers, radio,
- Public Health includes concerns about COVID-19, trust for government source information about COVID-19, governmental measures and restrictions, resources to fight COVID-19, the country best able to provide aid to fight COVID-19, readiness to take a COVID-19 vaccine, preferences over COVID-19 vaccine.
May you have any questions, please, don't hesitate to contact us.